Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is part of allocation tools and web services developed by Adobe Inc. It helps the users to view, create, manipulate, print, sign, annotate and manage files in Portable Document Format (PDF). To convert any file type to PDF, Acrobat is adequately capable. It can convert Microsoft Office documents, email, Web pages, Content copied on the clipboard, AutoCAD files, Adobe Photoshop, PostScript and EPS files, 3D files, etc.
This feature helps to convert Web page to PDF. Acrobat can convert a web page or an entire website into a PDF file. Saved files can be worked upon in offline mode. It is converted in such a way that a PDF document behaves similarly to the original web page.
In order to create PDF from, Web page, select “Create PDF” tool in the Tools Centre.
Convert PDF from Web Page
By default, the “Single File” PDF creation option is selected. In order opt for conversion from Website, select “Web Page” from the option.
Then enter the URL of the web page from which to create a PDF into the “Enter URL or Select File” field. Alternatively, to create a PDF of a locally saved website, click the adjacent “Browse” button. Then choose the web page to convert in the “Select File to Open” dialog box and click the “Open” button.
To specify the number of levels of site hierarchy from the URL or page to convert, check the “Capture Multiple Levels” To enter the number of levels of the website to convert to PDF, type a number into the “Get (number) level(s)” field. The top level includes the page for the specified URL. The second level consists of all the pages linked to that page, and so on.
The Advanced settings can be accessed by clicking the gear-shaped icon. It opens another dialogue box. The dialogue box consists of two tabs: General and Page Layout. The “General” tab lets the user to use the drop-down and checkboxes to set options for the file type, bookmark creation, headers and footers, and PDF tags. The “Page Layout” tab lets you adjust PDF settings like page size, margins, page orientation, and scaling. After adjusting any settings, click “OK” to apply them.
In the page layout, user can adjust “Size” which consists for page size, width, and height. Further down, user can see “Margins” which consists option like top, bottom, left, and right. Further down, there is option to change page orientation. User can opt for either portrait or landscape orientation. Final option in page layout mode is to adjust the scaling. Once, options are selected, press “OK”.
Important steps to convert Web Page to PDF using Acrobat:
- Open Acrobat application
- Select “Create PDF” tool in the Tools Centre.
- click the “Web Page” option at the left side of the “Create a PDF from any format” screen to show your options to the right.
- Select either HTML file or enter the URL of the Website.
- To create a PDF of a locally saved html file, click the adjacent “Browse” button. Select file to open.
- To enter the number of levels of the website to convert, type a number into the “Get (number) level(s)” field.
- To set advanced conversion options if using Acrobat Pro DC, click the gear-shaped “Advanced Settings” button to open the “Web Page Conversion Settings” dialog box.
- Change the settings on the tabs in this dialog box and then click the “OK” button.
- To then create the PDF in both versions of Acrobat, click the “Create” button.